Dry Needling (DN) is a skilled intervention that uses a thin filiform needle to penetrate the skin and stimulate underlying trigger points, muscular, and connective tissues for the management of pain and movement impairments.
Dry needling is NOT acupuncture. It is based on neuro-anatomy and not on meridians.
At Resilience Physical Therapy and Wellness this technique will always be used in combination with other manual therapies and prescriptive exercises. By combining multiple treatment strategies, we create a plan of care that will lead to the most effective and successful outcomes for our patients.
Common areas treated with dry needling include:
- Neck pain with or without arm symptoms / Trap tightness
- Headaches / TMJ symptoms
- Tendinopathy – Rotator Cuff, Quadricep / Patellar, Achilles, Plantar Fascia, Gluteal or Hamstring, Medial (golfer’s) and Lateral (tennis) Elbow
- Edema Management after acute injuries such as an ankle sprain
- Back pain / Sciatica
- Athletic and Overuse Injuries
- USE DRY NEEDLING IMAGE sent over to YOU
Active Release Technique
Active Release Techniques (ART) are a soft tissue method that focuses on relieving tissue tension via the removal of fibrosis/adhesions which can develop in tissues as a result of overload due to repetitive use.
The conditions that are resolved with ART often have one major thing in common i.e., overused muscles not getting enough oxygen found with activities of repetitive strain, traumatic injury or static micro-overuse.
Click here to learn more about ART® from the official ART® website!
470 Shoemaker Lane
Agawam, MA 01001