Before Your First Visit:
Make a list of any questions that you have, to make the best use of your time with your physical therapist.
Write down any symptoms that you’ve been having and for how long. If you have more than one symptom, begin with the one that is the most bothersome to you.
- Better or worse with certain activities or movements or with certain positions, such as sitting or standing?
- More noticeable at certain times of day?
- Relieved or made worse by resting?
Write down key information about your medical history, even if it seems unrelated to the condition for which you are seeing the physical therapist.
- Make a list of all prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements that you are taking.
- Make a note of any important personal information, including any recent stressful events, injuries, incidents, or environmental factors that you believe might have contributed to your condition.
- If available, bring any lab, diagnostic, or medical reports from other health care professionals that may be related to your medical history or who have treated you for your current condition.
- Bring a list of the names of your physician and other health care professionals that you would like your physical therapist to contact regarding your evaluation and your progress.
Your First Visit:
- Arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled time of your first visit.
- Wear loose fitting clothes and comfortable footwear (athletic is the best)
- Give the front desk your ID and insurance card so a copy can be made.
- Complete any other paperwork that is needed prior to your evaluation.
- Ask any questions that you have about insurance or financial concerns.
470 Shoemaker Lane
Agawam, MA 01001